Clown breeding questions?

smithben1983

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
Fridley, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a few clowns that I am going to start breeding and wanted advice on a few things.
If I have miss labeled any of these fish please let me know.
To start these are my maroons they are housed in a 29g in my bedroom. They have laid eggs many times but they never make it more than 3-4 days before they are all gone. When I bought them the guy told me they where both gold strips and the male just has not got his yellow yet. Lets say he is just a normal maroon can they still breed, should they breed? Wondering if this is why the eggs keep disappearing?
20121107_162832.jpg

Female
20121107_162846.jpg

male

Next are 2 misbar Ocellaris these 2 gave me my first clutch and already laid another.
20121107_163248.jpg


The next photos I have of random single clowns I have and want to know if I can/should pair any of these and what the out come will be. I know to make Wyoming white clowns you take 1 Wyoming white and 1 Ocellaris from what I have heard so not sure how all the other types are made. I have tryed to look up info on Picasso and snowflakes but haven't found any good info.

20121107_162944.jpg

Black and white Ocellaris

20121107_162934.jpg

Percula

20121107_163238.jpg

Premium? Picasso

20121107_163230.jpg

Black Ice Snowflake
 
thats what I was thinking, think its an issue that the snow flake is already a black ice? is there any info out there talking about what to breed with what to get whatever with clowns?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new