Clown drama

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little while back i was fighting dinos via silica dosing and inducing a diatom bloom. Obviously the tank was gross for a while and it was hard to see through the glass. All clear now.

Well one of my little clowns died during the treatment (aka i haven’t seen him in 2 weeks since cleaning the tank of diatoms). He was super social and paired well with the female in the tank.

I figured i would give a shot introducing a new small clown. Well she isn’t having it and is biting the hell out of him. To boot my 6 line wrasse is joining in and I have never seen him aggressive before (hes super small).

Now I’m starting to suspect foul play. Lady clown found herself a new stripy toothy side piece and the husband had to go.
Now no more orange fish allowed.
BA152376-966A-4A39-BFCB-2CE3DB563ED4.jpeg

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little while back i was fighting dinos via silica dosing and inducing a diatom bloom. Obviously the tank was gross for a while and it was hard to see through the glass. All clear now.

Well one of my little clowns died during the treatment (aka i haven’t seen him in 2 weeks since cleaning the tank of diatoms). He was super social and paired well with the female in the tank.

I figured i would give a shot introducing a new small clown. Well she isn’t having it and is biting the hell out of him. To boot my 6 line wrasse is joining in and I have never seen him aggressive before (hes super small).

Now I’m starting to suspect foul play. Lady clown found herself a new stripy toothy side piece and the husband had to go.
Now no more orange fish allowed.
BA152376-966A-4A39-BFCB-2CE3DB563ED4.jpeg
Once a sixline is in the tank, it's his tank. You're just keeping it running for him. It's hard to introduce a new clown to an established one.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations! I came home from vacation in March to my female beating my male to death. I put the little guy in an acclimation box but he didn’t make it. Strange because they have been together almost a year and a half. I introduced another small one and they have been getting along swimmingly. I would love to know what went wrong when I was gone. By the way I have a sixline and no problems. I also add a yellow tailed damsel a while after the sixline, no problems.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back