Clown eggs

Lfrench

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I have been on here and now I have another issue I need to address. So the 2 clown fish that I have that used to fight... well apparently they have made up and are now mating. I have a a nest of clown eggs on a live rock next to the nem that they host. The problem I have is that I know that the babies will not survive in the tank with all my other fish, plus I have 3 hermit crabs. What should I do?
20210928_184312.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you are prepared to rear the babies with a separate tank and a rotifer culture, then I would just leave them be, they will become fish food.

c.poindexter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns finally started having babies after many years and have been like clockwork for the past 6 months. Unfortunately I am not ready to rear them and their eggs as of today have shiny eyes.

OP
OP
Lfrench

Lfrench

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand it's alot of work to rear them. Plus we are getting ready to move. Does anyone know of anyone that has a reef set up they are selling or trading? I'm looking to downsize. I currently have a Jebo 75 gal with curved front corners. With a 55 gal sump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back