Clown fish and blue green chromis

HawaiiTanks808

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else's clownfish decided he's a schooling fish... one of my clowns has been an active swimmer from day one the other joins every now and then but its usually just the one who is active and then goes and hangs out with the other clown when he isn't swimming...

Well we created a school of 7 chromis and that active clown has decided he's one of them, calmly swimming back and forth in the school following along, not being aggressive at all and there has been no nipped fins or injuries, he just is species confused lol... is this normal? Does anyone else have a clown joining their schooling fish he hangs out with the other clown, he just prefers swimming with the chromis

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else's clownfish decided he's a schooling fish... one of my clowns has been an active swimmer from day one the other joins every now and then but its usually just the one who is active and then goes and hangs out with the other clown when he isn't swimming...

Well we created a school of 7 chromis and that active clown has decided he's one of them, calmly swimming back and forth in the school following along, not being aggressive at all and there has been no nipped fins or injuries, he just is species confused lol... is this normal? Does anyone else have a clown joining their schooling fish he hangs out with the other clown, he just prefers swimming with the chromis
He just wants to be a chromie

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back