clown fish hosting bubble coral?

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I just added a green bubble that is about 3" by 3" inches long. My clown is about 2 inches long and was hosting a leather and I recently sold the leather so my clown went to my hammer. Once I added my Bubble almost instantly the clown left the hammer and started swimming around and in the bubble. I know that they are fragile so is it ok that he is hosting the bubble. If not how do I stop it.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I just added a green bubble that is about 3" by 3" inches long. My clown is about 2 inches long and was hosting a leather and I recently sold the leather so my clown went to my hammer. Once I added my Bubble almost instantly the clown left the hammer and started swimming around and in the bubble. I know that they are fragile so is it ok that he is hosting the bubble. If not how do I stop it.
Bubbles have a serious sting, and on an off chance could wallop the clown, but, if it is accepted thus far, chances are ok imo....stopping it? Nah....rid of clown or bubble, no way to stop it.... I would let it ride and see. Could very well work. Most Clowns are brave, yours exceptionally so, embrace it!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only concern is that bubble corals are fragile and clowns can be rough

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they can't handle flow, I don't see how a clown smacking and digging into them would work haha
Constant flow blasting it off the skeleton is not the same as a clown brushing against it. I think it will be fine. Short of selling the coral or the fish all they really have is hope anyways LOL.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they can't handle flow, I don't see how a clown smacking and digging into them would work haha
You'll know best by watching them. My bubbles get a fair amount of flow. It keeps the sweepers short. They grow great still.

Just observe the coral is all u can do.

Move it if the clown bothers it too much.

OP
OP
N

nikosbk11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubbles have a serious sting, and on an off chance could wallop the clown, but, if it is accepted thus far, chances are ok imo....stopping it? Nah....rid of clown or bubble, no way to stop it.... I would let it ride and see. Could very well work. Most Clowns are brave, yours exceptionally so, embrace it!
Thank you for this info I can sleep now. Is there any chance that the bubbles can pop?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 120 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back