Clown fish is stressful

Jeevanmure

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I got a new pair of clown fish last week for my new reef tank. One of the clown fish is stress full sometimes and keeping rubbing to the glass but it is eating well. Can someone please help if it is normal. I also started using api general cure if any parasites

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey everyone,

I got a new pair of clown fish last week for my new reef tank. One of the clown fish is stress full sometimes and keeping rubbing to the glass but it is eating well. Can someone please help if it is normal. I also started using api general cure if any parasites
Pics under white lights will be helpful with assessment
How is breathing- fast/normal?

OP
OP
Jeevanmure

Jeevanmure

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fast breathing and loosing color sometimes
9FA11F39-C1EA-43A3-9255-79D87757A7BE.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeevanmure

Jeevanmure

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can also some some white spots under his gills might be gill flukes but not sure. I’m using api general cure as of now. Any other additive medicine recommendations please.?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

it appears the clown has early signs of brooklynella. The most significant sign is the amount of slime on its body. The thick mucus on its body is a second sign which is noticeable on the fish. This mucus generally starts at the facial area as well as gills and spreads across the body producing lesions as it progresses often confused with ich and can turn into secondary bacteria. Other symptoms will be lethargic behavior, refusing to eat and heavy breathing from the mucus.
Typical treatment is a formalin solution is mixed with in a separate container with either fresh or saltwater. Start with a quick dip in the formalin at a higher concentration then performing treatment in a prolonged bath of formalin base at a lower concentration in a quarantine tank. The longer the fish are exposed to the formalin treatment the more effective it will be at eliminating this issue.
If a formalin solution is not available for immediate use, temporary relief can be achieved by giving the fish a FW bath or dip in water same temperature as display tank. Even though this treatment will not cure the disease, it can help to remove some of the parasites, as well as reduce the amount of mucus in the gills to assist with respiration problems.
Treatment is best done in a QT tank using either quick cure (more effective) or Ruby Rally Pro. Ruby takes a little longer and initial treatment generally takes 2-3 days to really start going to work.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back