Clown fish issue diagnosis

aqbox65mixed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

There is a spot under one of my clown fishes.
Can you guys let me know what it is from the video.

Attachments

• IMG_0323.mov
    30.7 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi,

If youre referring to the mouth and jaw area, looks like excess mucus but could be an injury but video very short to pinpoint the spot.
Is fish eating?
Breathing normal?

OP
OP
aqbox65mixed

aqbox65mixed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If youre referring to the mouth and jaw area, looks like excess mucus but could be an injury but video very short to pinpoint the spot.
Is fish eating?
Breathing normal?
He is eating well and big sometimes act like a bit weird like slight seizure but not intense.
Please see another video.
Breathing does not seem normal does it ?

Attachments

• IMG_0325.mov
    60.6 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
He is eating well and big sometimes act like a bit weird like slight seizure but not intense.
Please see another video.
Breathing does not seem normal does it ?
The swimming behavior, discoloration and mucus buildup suggests brooklynella. This mucus generally starts at the facial area as well as gills and spreads across the body producing lesions as it progresses often confused with ich and can turn into secondary bacteria. Other symptoms will be lethargic behavior, refusing to eat and heavy breathing from the mucus.
Typical treatment is a formalin solution is mixed with in a separate container with either fresh or saltwater. Start with a quick dip in the formalin at a higher concentration then performing treatment in a prolonged bath of formalin base at a lower concentration in a quarantine tank. The longer the fish are exposed to the formalin treatment the more effective it will be at eliminating this issue.
If a formalin solution is not available for immediate use, temporary relief can be achieved by giving the fish a FW bath or dip in water same temperature as display tank. Even though this treatment will not cure the disease, it can help to remove some of the parasites, as well as reduce the amount of mucus in the gills to assist with respiration problems.

OP
OP
aqbox65mixed

aqbox65mixed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The swimming behavior, discoloration and mucus buildup suggests brooklynella. This mucus generally starts at the facial area as well as gills and spreads across the body producing lesions as it progresses often confused with ich and can turn into secondary bacteria. Other symptoms will be lethargic behavior, refusing to eat and heavy breathing from the mucus.
Typical treatment is a formalin solution is mixed with in a separate container with either fresh or saltwater. Start with a quick dip in the formalin at a higher concentration then performing treatment in a prolonged bath of formalin base at a lower concentration in a quarantine tank. The longer the fish are exposed to the formalin treatment the more effective it will be at eliminating this issue.
If a formalin solution is not available for immediate use, temporary relief can be achieved by giving the fish a FW bath or dip in water same temperature as display tank. Even though this treatment will not cure the disease, it can help to remove some of the parasites, as well as reduce the amount of mucus in the gills to assist with respiration problems.
Thank you so much. I will do that and will update.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I think the bump under the chin and the rapid breathing are unrelated. The bump is just an injury, but the rapid breathing is a sign of a systemic infection.
How are both clowns relative to each other? Are they both breathing fast? Are they both eating?

Jay

OP
OP
aqbox65mixed

aqbox65mixed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the bump under the chin and the rapid breathing are unrelated. The bump is just an injury, but the rapid breathing is a sign of a systemic infection.
How are both clowns relative to each other? Are they both breathing fast? Are they both eating?

Jay
They are both In their anemone and very close to each other.
Only the big one with the bump has a rapid breathing. Ther one is perfect.
They both eat very well. Going to feed them again in the morning.
If she didn’t eat will update.
It’s an odd case seems like. Any help would be appreciate it

OP
OP
aqbox65mixed

aqbox65mixed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is eating well just not as much as the other one. But pretty good amount of food still.
Does the breathing look bad from this video ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is eating well just not as much as the other one. But pretty good amount of food still.
Does the breathing look bad from this video ?

It does looks a bit fast to me, but can you post another, clearer video?

Jay

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back