Clown fish nibbling hand

Aidanwolf

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2017
Messages
570
Reaction score
262
Location
Clayton,GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have four Clown fish and every time I put my hand in the aquarium they all start nibbling my hand I'am not sure why. they don't seen to be doing it out of aggression it is kind of weird.
 
Are you hand feeding them and do they have eggs in the tank also clownfish may look Innocent but they can be very aggressive
 
Wait till they host an anamone .. then they Will attack you when you put Your hand in near them .!!!!:D:D
 
They are known to nibble on their anemone especially when new as well.
 
My female bites hard whenever my hand is in. Only my female. They can definitely be huge jerks.
 
They are all the same kind. I feed them with a turkey baster so I don't over feed the tank. They do not have eggs. It is funny because they seem unfazed when I try to touch them or close my hand around them.
 
They are all the same kind. I feed them with a turkey baster so I don't over feed the tank. They do not have eggs. It is funny because they seem unfazed when I try to touch them or close my hand around them.

Lol.. my black occelaris do the same
 
mine just recently started, and he doesn't stop, it can be annoying when i'm working in the tank, my other clown doesn't bother just one is a jerk
 
I have two clowns and neither do that but I do have a starry blenny that does. Every time I put my hand in the tank it gets me out of nowhere. I always forget he does it and it makes me jump every time. He probably wants me to stay on my side of the glass!
 
My bigger clown used to bite me every opportunity she had. For the past 6 months I'm not sure what changed but neither clown fish bite me anymore.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new