clown fish picking

tamanning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown is picking at my goniapora and he will not stop I think he's going to kill it! Why would he do that?

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Real clowns are nothing like nemo, they are territorial and will pick and bully things in their turf that they dont like, esp if its something you just added, and esp esp so during their spawning cycles (if yours is paired) they are super aggressive

OP
OP
T

tamanning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the larger one of the two so the female but watching more closely she is not biting she is rubbing . Mabey she thinks it's am anemone? I have two flower pots a blue and a green she is rubbing on the green one

Teen reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, clownfish are very territorial and should be kept either in a pair or by them selves but if you have a big enough tank they would get alpine fine with there tank mates. But for now you should just move the goni on the other side of the tank where the clownfish do not go to.

OP
OP
T

tamanning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 75 I'm 105 over all . My clowns don't bother or get bothered by the other 12 fish in my system. I moved the goni and she followed it . I chased her off of it she stayed away for a few seconds and went right back.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.9%
Back