Clown fish seems stressed

hkeller7887

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to saltwater and just got a clown added to my tank about alittle over a week ago and he seemed fine until yesterday and he started acting like this yesterday he was swimming directly below the water line and then wouldn't eat, all tank parameters seem fine. Went out and got some PE mysis to feed it and ate just a few little peices today. But seems like it is stressed all of a sudden. Also seems like it's staring at the glass the whole time it's swimming, possible it might see it's reflection. Could it be lonely? It is the only fish in the tank at the moment and i know they like to be paired

Attachments

• Snapchat-1786109669.mp4
    9.4 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to saltwater and just got a clown added to my tank about alittle over a week ago and he seemed fine until yesterday and he started acting like this yesterday he was swimming directly below the water line and then wouldn't eat, all tank parameters seem fine. Went out and got some PE mysis to feed it and ate just a few little peices today. But seems like it is stressed all of a sudden. Also seems like it's staring at the glass the whole time it's swimming, possible it might see it's reflection. Could it be lonely? It is the only fish in the tank at the moment and i know they like to be paired

Hello and welcome to Reef2Reef!

Sorry for the delay in our response. I normally hang out in the fish disease forum and I just saw your unanswered post in the fish forum this morning.

Is the fish still acting frantic?
Was there any change in lighting over the tank?

This post explains how to post a disease problem report if the fish hasn't settled down yet:

Jay

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back