Clown fish

Redemption626

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
116
Reaction score
68
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So quick question I’m looking at start stocking here by end of this month start mid next. I’ve got a 120 gallon tank looking at a pair of clown now the two options I’m looking at are clarkie or maroon lightning. Wondering which has better personality and funner for children to watch in people’s opinion. Thanks in advance.
 
I would go with Clarki, Bicinctus, or Spotcinctus (all same family). Maroons are ruthless. They will tear you up for even thinking about putting a hand in the tank. Also, Clarki's are one of the best with an anemone and will take almost any anemone as a host.
 
hi just an opinion,snowflake or black snowflake,not as aggressive toward you ,happy reefing
 
I’m sure maroons can be nasty but so far my 2 1/2 in lightning has been pretty cool and he occasionally will be a bit aggressive with my midnight and ocellaris clowns but its big tank and so far has worked if beer it does not he’ll have to go into refrugium......
 
I have a lightning maroon, little over three inches. So far she is scared of everything but I’ve only had her for 2 weeks. Beautiful fish. Haven’t got a good pic of her in the tank yet.
4B2DC9D2-51DA-47F7-8A79-77247DCD8318.png
5317627E-5E16-4887-84BE-D9E7518991FA.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new