Clown fry day7

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m day 7 with maybe 100 fry in a 10g tank. I’ve implemented rotifers, apex pods & TDO A,B1- I change roughly 1-2g daily (cleaning bottom). My question is how much water should I change in preparation of metamorphosis?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m day 7 with maybe 100 fry in a 10g tank. I’ve implemented rotifers, apex pods & TDO A,B1- I change roughly 1-2g daily (cleaning bottom). My question is how much water should I change in preparation of metamorphosis?
10-15%

thomaskc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice, if they made it to day 7 just keep doing what your doing.
I saw no significant stresses related to water changes during Meta. After a few clutches I even stopped noticing when they were in Meta.

I would offer up the idea to start planning the transfer over to a new breeder tank cause your next clutch is coming in what 12 days?

OP
OP
DJF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice, if they made it to day 7 just keep doing what your doing.
I saw no significant stresses related to water changes during Meta. After a few clutches I even stopped noticing when they were in Meta.

I would offer up the idea to start planning the transfer over to a new breeder tank cause your next clutch is coming in what 12 days?
Cool thanks- I keep glancing back at the tank to see if it’s orange yet :) I have their next home set but am going to wait as long as I can before transferring & cleaning up the fry tank for the next batch. Any helpful advice for my coming stage(s) are welcomed. With the clutches 12ish days apart- can the next holding tank keep multiple clutches or should I plan on keeping each clutch fully separate?

thomaskc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks- I keep glancing back at the tank to see if it’s orange yet :) I have their next home set but am going to wait as long as I can before transferring & cleaning up the fry tank for the next batch. Any helpful advice for my coming stage(s) are welcomed. With the clutches 12ish days apart- can the next holding tank keep multiple clutches or should I plan on keeping each clutch fully separate?
I would advise keeping the 1st gen in the fry tank until hatch day on new clutch.

The 2nd tank can be setup day prior to hatch day and mixed with fresh saltwater halfway, heated, and aerated.

Then hatch morning you take your 1st gen scoop, siphon, Dixie Cupor whatever you choose and transfer them to 2nd tank. You can mix some of their tank water in prior if it suits you.

Now that leaves you with about 12 hours to drain, sanitize, and refil your fry tank for the nights hatch.

Definitely fun watching those first stripes. Next is watching em colorup and darken around day 80.

start yourself a chart if you haven’t already
image.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back