Clown Help

NaClCrocodile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two days ago one of my clowns decided to bungee out of the tank for some cheap thrills. It was ~4 months old and maybe 3/4". It was in my 10G with another about the same size but it was definitely the dominant one. I'm now left with the survivor, a shy, probably 5/8" black ocellaris. My problem is that he hardly moves from his area in the top left of the tank. He either stays vertically on the back left silicone seam or on the top left just below the lip and only makes the attempt to move when I feed him. He used to come out with the female whenever I came in the room, but now nothing. I've only got a Koralia 1 but could this be too much flow? What can I do to entice him to come out of his mourning?

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mabey to much flow.I would get a new clown.Sounds like he needs a leader IMO.Ive had fish do the same thing.

OP
OP
NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thought crossed me. Am I correct in thinking that for the time being, both will be males, or the new one will be a female and I shouldn't have any problems? If the new one is male, one will switch, right?

Last edited:

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,It depend on the size of fish you buy.If you get a clown thats 2 to 3 inches its probobly female.If you get a fish thats 1 to 1 1/2 its probobly male.So if yo ubuy a new fish buy on about an inch in size.The largest more dominant one will become female.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 116 43.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 88 33.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.5%
Back