Clown hosting sandbed, now has a white chest.

October Sky

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2016
Messages
374
Reaction score
240
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two clowns, one is a 5+ year old misbar domino from my old tank (partner didn't make it after a 3 day power outage), and the other a much younger clown. They get along swimmingly since I introduced the new one. They're the only fish in the tank at this point.

Recently, the domino decided hosting the sandbed is the way to go about things. That's fine, doesn't bother me, but it's clearly causing some damage to her skin. As she's mostly black, the white marring on the "chest" is evident.

What should I do? Is there a chemical treatment? Adjust rockwork so they can't host that corner of the tank? I would add an anemone, but the tank is 3 months old. I could add a fake rubber/plastic anemone in that corner? Please and thank you!
 
Do you have pics?
Clowns will do what they want, it’s not easy to stop them no matter what you do.
Light are off currently, but I'll try or I'll update in a bit.

EDIT: I'll try at feeding time, I swear she knows what I'm doing and is hiding it. Took like 30 photos and always hiding it the split second I hit the button.
 
Last edited:
Lol I bet she's fine. What grade is the sand?
It's Caribsea, but I don't know the grade. It's not super fine and not super chunky. Looking at BRS, I'd guess its Special Grade Arag-Alive, which they say is 1-2mm.
 
20220603_103609.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20220603_103551.jpg
    20220603_103551.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220603_103557.jpg
    20220603_103557.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220603_103605.jpg
    20220603_103605.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220603_103753.jpg
    20220603_103753.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220603_103828.jpg
    20220603_103828.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 45

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new