Clown looking sick

fladventurerob

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
APOPKA
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown fish all of the sudden seems to have fluid build up, and whitish appearance. I have no idea what I should be doing. She's about 10 years old. The rest of the tank looks healthy. Salinity was slightly low 1.022 but I corrected it after I saw this. Does anyone have any suggestions fore please?

20211104_171629.jpg 20211104_171840.jpg
 
My clown fish all of the sudden seems to have fluid build up, and whitish appearance. I have no idea what I should be doing. She's about 10 years old. The rest of the tank looks healthy. Salinity was slightly low 1.022 but I corrected it after I saw this. Does anyone have any suggestions fore please?

20211104_171629.jpg 20211104_171840.jpg

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

How long did this take to develop?
Is the fish still eating o.k.?
Are there any other fish in with it?

Generally, when both of a fish's eyes are popping out, it is due to a systemic problem. If just one eye is affected, it is often an injury. In this case, the fish's belly also looks bloated, is that the case? If so, the fish has edema, fluids are flooding its tissues. The low salinity would contribute to that issue. This is a result of either kidney or liver disease. There is no cure for that unfortunately.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new