Clown pairing behavior

Sandberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do we think of this clown behavior? The white one is a jerk and chased the old clown to jump to his death. Have had this new one separated in the same tank via an acrylic box just so he doesn't get picked on. Have let him out for a bit today and want to know if there is any hope for a pair based on this behavior. The white one kinda dashes at the black storm until he cowers then swim with the black storm for a couple seconds until he finally leaves him alone for a bit. The black storm had a little chunk taken from his tail a couple of days ago. The white one also twitches a lot at him when I first take the black storm out of the divider, but the black storm doesn't really twitch back. Any tips?

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the larger one is the female, looks like she is asserting dominance. the female, if she is twitching, she is trying to show him dominance. if the male doesnt do it back, she is going to torment him until he does, or gets beat up bad. possibly death. i have mine seperated right now, because of the same exact thing. they were good at start, had this happen. went back to being good for a week or two, and now its back to deathmatch. so, im keeping mine seperated.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Sandberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the larger one is the female, looks like she is asserting dominance. the female, if she is twitching, she is trying to show him dominance. if the male doesnt do it back, she is going to torment him until he does, or gets beat up bad. possibly death. i have mine seperated right now, because of the same exact thing. they were good at start, had this happen. went back to being good for a week or two, and now its back to deathmatch. so, im keeping mine seperated.
Ok thank you! Hopefully the little guy just takes an ego hit and submits to the snowstorm! Good luck with yours as well!

Upvote 0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back