Clown sets

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not usually. If it is just different color forms of ocellaris might work but, say, a pair of ocellaris and a pair of maroon or a pair of Clarkiis won't work long term.

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarkiis get pretty big and very aggressive. They may take out the picassos over time. In a bigger tank maybe but there isn't much space in a 55 for them to establish separate territories.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO/E, it is best to keep one pair of clowns per tank. While it may work in the short term, once a pair starts to spawn, all bets are off.

A pair of Clarkii (( spawning or not )) would most likely make short order of the Picassos. Things can go South before one has time to react, not a pretty sight.

OP
OP
S

saltlicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seprate tank it is glad i asked lps are worthless around here for info

WetWhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen true perks and pink skunk clowns work. They have been together for years.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pink skunk pair was the meanest pair of fish I have ever kept --- were fine at first, but when they started spawning they became terrors. Ended up selling them after they chased a golden dwarf angel into their S. haddoni.

WetWhistle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pink skunk pair was the meanest pair of fish I have ever kept --- were fine at first, but when they started spawning they became terrors. Ended up selling them after they chased a golden dwarf angel into their S. haddoni.

Funny how that happens from fish to fish. You just never know.

Back