Clown Setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pete Luna
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pete Luna

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Messages
844
Reaction score
535
Location
Norway
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm gathering all the materials needed to build my reef room, which will include a clown breeding / grow out system. I would love to see the grow out systems other have built.


Thank - Pete
 
You may want to check out the YouTube series about Reef Stew & More and clownfish breeding.
 
Plan for a massive skimmer and highly effective filter - most Amphiprion grow fast and poop a lot.
 
I
Pickle's Guide to Breeding Clowns is also a helpful thread:

https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/269202-pickle’s-guide-to-breeding-clowns/
read it in the past, good read. I’ve been raising them for a while, setup is what I’m interested in
 
I

read it in the past, good read. I’ve been raising them for a while, setup is what I’m interested in
For how many fish are you gunning each month? 300 need a different setup than 3000... Also, do you already have avenues to sell them? If not, that's the first to take care of. I had to cull nearly a whole clutch of bicinctus because nobody wanted 500 or more of them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new