Clown sex question

  • Thread starter Thread starter kellyjn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kellyjn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
160
Reaction score
2
Location
St. Louis, MO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today is a sad day.

I recently purchased a baby onyx clown a few weeks ago to pair with the female that I had purchased from Rod about 2-2.5 years ago. I introduced them in my frag tank, and it was like love at first sight. No aggression what so ever. They were like a perfect pair constantly together.

I came home today to find my female clown missing. I pretty much had the frag tank covered except for about a 1/2" gap where some cords go into the tank. Well she found the gap apparently. R.I.P. baby girl.

My question is this........ Since I introduced the new clown, he would have become a male if my female was still around. What will happen to him now? Will he remain a male, or will he become a female? They were together for about 3 weeks. The new one is still very young, only has one of his white stripes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new