OP
WiscoFishNut

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey buddy sorry to hear about your fish. A little optimism for ya, a buddy of mine had a clown sinker just like yours. after quarantine he decided to add him to his display once he ruled out parasites/sickness. (Was a spine issue) The little guy hosted his air stone in the corner and was able to stay a float on the air bubble stream and lived a whole year. Still his favorite fish of all time. Prays for your fish!

Hey bud, thanks very much for that, it's appreciated! :D I won't give up on him!

OP
OP
WiscoFishNut

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a spot under his eye or just the way he's marked?

That's just the way he's marked actually. Pretty unique looking little guy. He's still eating and has been a bit more active since the freshwater bath. I start ramping up copper power tomorrow, then will do a TTM, and a couple rounds of GC. I'm hoping if he makes it thru that he'll be ok in the long run.

flyline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just listened to a podcast today about clownfish. Did you say you have 2 in quarantine? The only reason I ask is because he talked about odd behavior at times, first he talked about clownfish acting like they have a sinker on their tail and brushing the ground he said they do that sometimes around where they are going to host their home. Second he talked about them doing the same with their tail and also them laying on their side and acting like they are being shocked but that is was them trying to clean a spot where they want to spawn. He said they would do that sometimes even if they never do actually spawn. I wouldn’t give up on the fish there might not be anything wrong with it at all. Good luck

OP
OP
WiscoFishNut

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just listened to a podcast today about clownfish. Did you say you have 2 in quarantine? The only reason I ask is because he talked about odd behavior at times, first he talked about clownfish acting like they have a sinker on their tail and brushing the ground he said they do that sometimes around where they are going to host their home. Second he talked about them doing the same with their tail and also them laying on their side and acting like they are being shocked but that is was them trying to clean a spot where they want to spawn. He said they would do that sometimes even if they never do actually spawn. I wouldn’t give up on the fish there might not be anything wrong with it at all. Good luck

I do have 2 clowns in the QT. A snowflake and the storm who's showing the off behavior. Thank you for sharing this!! It gives me hope that he'll pull thru! I'll post updates on his status over the next few days. I'm planning on adding a coral beauty angel tomorrow then starting copper power ramp up.

OP
OP
WiscoFishNut

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monday update - the little guy seems to have rebounded a bit! Still swimming oddly, but very energetic and I've not seen him lay on the bottom since Friday :) I did add a powerhead to the QT on recommendation from my LFS guy. There was very little flow prior to that with jut the HOB bio-wheel and sponge filter with air hose.

OP
OP
WiscoFishNut

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin better now

1029191345_HDR.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 51 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.9%
Back