Clownfish 911

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 clowns in my tank .

everyone is happy , swimming hosting in their anemone .

I have 1 clown who seems to be trying to lie down on the sand or rock - is this normal or is something wrong ?

theyve been super active but now this one seems to be just slowly swimming around ignoring everyone for the most part ?

Sailfin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish rest on the sand all the time, so I wouldn't worry about that as long as he is still eating. You may have to reduce your clownfish group to a single pair as they will start to get more aggressive and could potentially kill each other.

OP
OP
Cstar_BC

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks !

this was my first quick view . Besides being slightly thinner than everyone else he did eat it just seems like he’s a little more timid than his tank mates and doesn’t want to fight for food (if the others are near the surface eating he won’t join until they’ve had their fill)

I feed frozen and flake and always disperse it so everyone gets a chance - I have to anyway for my fire fish
It is most likely alright. You could keep an eye out for rapid breathing, discoloration, white stringy poop.

OP
OP
Cstar_BC

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks !

this was my first quick view . Besides being slightly thinner than everyone else he did eat it just seems like he’s a little more timid than his tank mates and doesn’t want to fight for food (if the others are near the surface eating he won’t join until they’ve had their fill)

I feed frozen and flake and always disperse it so everyone gets a chance - I have to anyway for my fire fish
It is most likely alright. You could keep an eye out for rapid breathing, discoloration, white stringy poop.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back