Clownfish acting different

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had my clownfish for over 4 months now and I have noticed my female just recently...like today.. being in the sandbed and making this big crater in the sand bed I got a video of her. She isn't breathing heavy or anything like that. Just have never seen her do this before. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• VID_20220713_192718.mp4
    73.1 MB

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was a trout I would think it was constructing a redd, but clownfish generally lay eggs on hardscape. We just got a pair, the only fish in a tank and they do tend to congregate in the low spots in our substrate.

Video didn't play, so that's all I got.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had my clownfish for over 4 months now and I have noticed my female just recently...like today.. being in the sandbed and making this big crater in the sand bed I got a video of her. She isn't breathing heavy or anything like that. Just have never seen her do this before. Any thoughts?
I think that is the male based on the size and the shuddering behavior. I think that is a submissive male move.

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other clown I have is smaller than that one and the clown in the video is always a little more aggressive and mean towards the smaller one

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just never seen her make a big crater in the sand during the day. She came out to eat and all once I fed and acted normal like I said no heavy breathing or funny swimming. It was just weird to see her doing that and I always see the smaller one do the shimmy thing when she nips at him but I have never seen her do that before it's almost like she was digging into the sand bed idk I do know that my clowns are weird and different lol.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 17.7%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back