Clownfish aggression

zincreef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 ocellaris clowns introduced to a new tank at the same time about 3 months ago. Larger one is all the sudden being extremely aggressive. I know this aggression is super normal but at what point do I intervene and remove the aggressor. This has been going on for about a week now and sometimes I find the smaller fish pinned sideways in a corner and think it’s dead. Then it swims away when I put my hand in the tank.

See attached video I captured today of the ongoing behavior.

Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4833.mov
    54.9 MB
  • IMG_4834.mov
    17.1 MB
I have a Picasso clown fish for quite a long time and I recently bought a chocolate moca clown fish and when I put it together with Picasso he started attacking him to the point that you could see them bite each other. I separate the chocolate one on a breeder box and I wanted to know if this will go away or I have to return the chocolate mica clown.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new