Clownfish and three stripe damsels

xxjokerxx0415

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, sorry in advance if this has been posted already. I have a 20 gallon high saltwater aquarium. Current stock is 2 clownfish (Don’t know if they paired but lots of flirting), 1orange spotted goby, a pair of red fire gobies(Who are always hiding because of my female clown), 3 blue leg hermit crabs, 3 turbos, 1 or 2 emerald crabs, 1 peppermint, 1 skunk, Kenya trees by the millions, 1 mushroom, 1 purple star poly frag. I was wondering can I put 1 or 2 three stripe damsels in with my clowns? My female clown is a bully and I just need something to calm her down. Or can I do a Royal gamma? Or all three? I know a pair of clown fish can become evil when breeding and I know damsels are mean. By the way I’ve had all these fish for almost a year now.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, sorry in advance if this has been posted already. I have a 20 gallon high saltwater aquarium. Current stock is 2 clownfish (Don’t know if they paired but lots of flirting), 1orange spotted goby, a pair of red fire gobies(Who are always hiding because of my female clown), 3 blue leg hermit crabs, 3 turbos, 1 or 2 emerald crabs, 1 peppermint, 1 skunk, Kenya trees by the millions, 1 mushroom, 1 purple star poly frag. I was wondering can I put 1 or 2 three stripe damsels in with my clowns? My female clown is a bully and I just need something to calm her down. Or can I do a Royal gamma? Or all three? I know a pair of clown fish can become evil when breeding and I know damsels are mean. By the way I’ve had all these fish for almost a year now.
I haven’t had a striped damsel in a long time. But the ones I had didnt play nice with others. There’s no way I would add one.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I think 5 fish in a 20 is the maximum. Damsels are extremely territorial fish, there will be aggression if you add them

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding a damsel to that tank would be like watching a wrestling steel cage match. As for the gramma, they are mellow and would be constantly hiding from the clowns.

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 stripped damsel, she/he must be at least 12 years old . I inherited her with the tank I got when a friend left the hobby. She was a terror and killed at least one green chromis and stressed to death a coral beautyto death.
She was my first salt water fish. She never fought with the clowns when I added them next, but definitively attacked all other fish. So I was putting her "in jail" whenever I added fish. After a few weeks, she was ok. Now she gets along with everyone. But I have a big tank and many many hiding places.
Adding a stripped damsel to a clown in a 20 G in not a good idea. You will never see your firefish and your goby.

OP
OP
xxjokerxx0415

xxjokerxx0415

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 stripped damsel, she/he must be at least 12 years old . I inherited her with the tank I got when a friend left the hobby. She was a terror and killed at least one green chromis and stressed to death a coral beautyto death.
She was my first salt water fish. She never fought with the clowns when I added them next, but definitively attacked all other fish. So I was putting her "in jail" whenever I added fish. After a few weeks, she was ok. Now she gets along with everyone. But I have a big tank and many many hiding places.
Adding a stripped damsel to a clown in a 20 G in not a good idea. You will never see your firefish and your goby.
Well I see my fire fish pretty often. They do hide sometimes but I see them at least 6 times a day. My goby I see all the time.

OP
OP
xxjokerxx0415

xxjokerxx0415

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But no on the damsel and gamma got it

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back