Clownfish attempting to host on Duncan?

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2019
Messages
1,800
Reaction score
4,149
Location
Greater Houston area
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that Clownfish in aquariums are known to host with random things, but has anyone confirmed seeing one try to host or even successfully host on a Duncan Coral?

I am asking, because my Midnight has been hanging around my Duncan lately and rubbing up against it. This has only been over the past week, maybe week and a half. Prior to that she was not hosting anything and would normally be seen hanging out on the other rockwork in my tank.

Here are a few pics of The Darkness rubbing against the Duncan.
20200713_113409.jpg

20200713_113411.jpg


 
Yes, they will hang out in plate corals, duncans, and other LPS hosts if they want too. Sometimes they will ignore an anemone and hang with a Duncan if they like it better. You need to keep an eye on the duncan as sometimes the clownfish are really rough on their host, even to the point of detriment to that animal.
I had a clown live in a plate coral and the coral was always healthier when that clown was living by it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new