Clownfish Baskin Strikes Again

reef_ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a pair of gold lightning maroon clownfish about 3 months ago. They came paired and did wonderful, but suddenly Big Momma started kicking the crap out of the little guy. Gave it my best effort to separate and reintroduce them, but my egg crate divider failed and she got to him the other day. Poor guy didnt stand a chance next to her. Kind of a trip considering how well they were paired.

But now Im not sure how to replace him. Not going to try to pair her again, and not sure what my options would be. Its a 40B mixed reef with 20 sump. Currently stocked with Big Momma, a very small yellow clown goby, lawnmower blenny, and an elegant dottyback. What do you guys think would be compatible? Based on the online compatibility charts, seems the stock I have is not really compatible with much else?

Melanie Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
?

Screenshot_20201001-112510~2.png

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pretty much those same fish, with the exception that I have a Royal Gramma instead of the dottyback.
I also have a coral beauty that gets along fine with all the others, but CB's may or may not be reef safe.... so far, mine has been a model citizen with my corals. so I would say maybe a dwarf angel if that interests you.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe big momma caught her husband checking out the dottyback and said heck no not in my house!!:p Idk that’s crappy because you don’t know if you add a new clown if the same out come will happen.

OP
OP
reef_ninja

reef_ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pretty much those same fish, with the exception that I have a Royal Gramma instead of the dottyback.
I also have a coral beauty that gets along fine with all the others, but CB's may or may not be reef safe.... so far, mine has been a model citizen with my corals. so I would say maybe a dwarf angel if that interests you.
That’s a strong maybe, but well see. Would be nice though because they are active and nice lookong

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back