Clownfish Behavior Question

YNWA97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I currently have a red sea reefer 350, tank is stable with parameters, I do weekly 10% water changes and all that good stuff. I currently have 2 green chromis, cleaner shrimp, 6 line wrasse some clean up crew (snails, hermits etc). I just added a pair of ocellaris clowns a week ago they are eating and look great. I have heard that they host something and stay in that spot for 95% of their time. My question comes from this, my clowns don't host anything and they swim around the tank CONSTANTLY. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s only been a week they may still need time to figure the hosting thing out. Mine have been in the tank coming up on a year and still actively swim around the whole tank. They’ve gone through a progression of staying in the left front corner only, to exploring just the front part of the tank and sleeping on the sand in the left corner, to exploring the entire tank and really liking the back corner next to the powerhead as their host spot. I don’t have a nem, but they ignore all the corals in favor of the powerhead.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have a good situation. After all, they can decide to host in the sand in the bottom back corner.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back