Clownfish behavior

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 73g RedSea Reefer I have two blood orange clowns added to DT around 4 months ago i think, they both purchased, QT'd (30 days), introduced to DT at same time. At present one clown always hang around in the left side back of tank and the other one (who's bossing around) moves everywhere and stayed right side of the tank, I recently added 2 BTA (actually one but split a day later i introduced to DT) and already hosted by the bossy one. Now what i notice is after lights off, both clown are seen to right side of the tank and 2 BTA's hosting 2 Clowns, when lights come on one of them is back to his left side place. Its active and comes around for feeding and so. But I don't seem to understand this behaviour, either they should be together as friends or mates or stay separate in their side and fight (which i don't want to happen anyway)

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw the other fishes i have are neon blue damsel, 3 little chromis, flame angel

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns do their own thing. It took my male months to sleep in the nem with the female after she moved in. They may still be deciding who is male and who is female and may not be a bonded pair yet. Dont worry about it, they will sort it out.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They certainly are not bonded if they hang out on separate sides of the tank in the daytime.

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They certainly are not bonded if they hang out on separate sides of the tank in the daytime.

Thats what i am thinking too but its weird why stay together only at night :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back