Clownfish biting my bubble tip anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chukwagin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chukwagin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2013
Messages
34
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 4 clowns, but the largest one, two, maybe two and a half inches, is biting the anemone's tentacles. She is taking the smaller ones into her mouth, like she is trying to eat them, bites on them, then spits them out. Is this normal? The bubble tip can't be happy with this behavior. Should I get rid of her? I've had this bubble tip for a couple of months and I feed it almost every three to four days, so its not a baby, but I want it to open and be comfortable, what do you suggest?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new