Clownfish bonding and mating

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lalaallieu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lalaallieu

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2019
Messages
115
Reaction score
128
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got two clowns from live aquaria. I got a black ice and a black and white ocellaris. They pretty much paired and bonded quickly. They did the dance, fought a little with the black ice nipping at the other for some time, and now they’ve decided to host my frogspawn. How can I tell age of the clowns? I’ve heard females can’t begin to breed until much later. I suppose they’re probably around an inch and a half or something. I swear they’ve gotten so much bigger since I purchased them! Will I only know they’re paired once they start breeding or is there another way to tell?

B53A30BB-C88C-47AD-AEED-554BD2F992AC.jpeg A696D2FF-5513-4B91-9CE4-41175DF7E20D.jpeg
 
Have you had any luck yet? I wish for my pair to bond and have babies, but I can't tell if they are bonded. I got them from a local fish store in June, they were together there, and the first fish in my new tank. I've since gotten more fish and they don't hangout together much yet. My tank is 125 gallons, so there is a lot of space and I just got my first coral about a week ago and it's just a zoa. I do want a nem for them. Would getting a nem help them more? They aren't very big yet, but they have grown since getting them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new