Clownfish Bonding

bigpa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an anemone about a week and a half ago, I then added 2 clowns (purchased from same store but were in different tanks) put them in the tank together. They figured out the anemone in about 2 days and now the larger looks to be keeping the smaller out. Will this just take some time for them to bond and not fight? Right now they stay on opposite sides of the tank (one in the anemone and the other in the other corner behind a rock). Any suggestions?

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an anemone about a week and a half ago, I then added 2 clowns (purchased from same store but were in different tanks) put them in the tank together. They figured out the anemone in about 2 days and now the larger looks to be keeping the smaller out. Will this just take some time for them to bond and not fight? Right now they stay on opposite sides of the tank (one in the anemone and the other in the other corner behind a rock). Any suggestions?

Yea its normal they have to work out who will be dominant. Are they the same size? My pair fought over a tiny anemone for weeks so I just got them a giant fake one :p

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds pretty typical. The bonding process can take weeks/months, but should happen eventually as long as they are still juvenile clowns.

OP
OP
B

bigpa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea its normal they have to work out who will be dominant. Are they the same size? My pair fought over a tiny anemone for weeks so I just got them a giant fake one :p

One is larger and was the dominant in the other tank I believe but the smaller one was alone. There is a clear size difference and the bigger one runs that anemone.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back