ClownFish Breeding Equipment

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
2,925
Reaction score
179
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am making preparations for a "special" clownfish pair. Austin (Clowns101) has been giving me the rundown of some equipment, but in the interest of research and sharing, I would like to compile the list here and get everyone thoughts and ideas.
I will start very simply:
1. 40 Breeder
2. Hang on the back filter
3. hang on the back skimmer
4. 2 20L plumbed together, one separated into 3 compartments for the fry in different stages and the 2nd open for the juvenile clowns.
5. A BTA in the 40B and one on the juvi 20L
6. Flower pot in the 40B
7. I will just do power compacts over the tanks
8. Timer
9. Snagger
10. Heaters
11. Air stones
12. Schedule
What other gear/equipment/anything may I be overlooking?
Any tips for success? I will not be entering this endeavor blindly and like to hear peoples opinions.
 
Last edited:
Are you going to be raising the first foods? or are they commercially available now?
 
Actually may have to grow my own rotifers. I also want to add a larval snagger to that list come to think about it.
 
Id add a timer to the lighting there.

One thing we havent talked about it growing your own food,we will get to that later,its alot of information to take in at this point,to much and it will confuse alot!

LOL,I feel like a personal clownfish trainer for breeding succssess...haha
 
Haha in a lot of ways you are!! I have your payment if everything works the way we hope it does!!
There are many steps that need to happen flawlessly for this to happen I know..
 
Last edited:
Sweet!I hope it all works out!

One other piece I would add to your list would be a scedual,its not really a piece of equiptment,but it is important,you need to have a scedual for every day,the lights come on at 7 am and go off at 7 pm,you feed the fish at 3 pm every day,etc. do the same thing every day,no exeptions,its important!
 
Hehe, I thought Austin was talking about a type of timer or something, was going to look it up later haha, I feel silly...
 
And I feel stupid,hahaha!I suck at spelling,but I passed that back in grade school,hahah!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new