Clownfish breeding project

WestOhooligan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my flower pots, I used to make legs out of 2 part epoxy to keep them from rolling around. In the picture you can kind of see the legs I'm talking about.

7261794340_92783eb54e_c.jpg

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my flower pots, I used to make legs out of 2 part epoxy to keep them from rolling around. In the picture you can kind of see the legs I'm talking about.

7261794340_92783eb54e_c.jpg

I wondered about that. I just set it up against the back for support. I have 2 spares to use for when these have eggs and get switched. I'll figure a support for them and swap out.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.....and the moment we've all been waiting for!!!
IMG_7969.JPG
IMG_7970.JPG
IMG_7971.JPG

Great packing done by Pieces of the Ocean. Also a very nice guarantee they offer on their fish.

Typical_Tim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! Those are some nice looking clowns, I'm looking into venturing into a similar project after I move in a couple months.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. Out of curiosity what was your reasoning for getting two pairs of the same morph?
I'll admit, 2 pairs of the same was impulsive. But once I saw them I loved them and jumped on it. I would like to get a pair of the all white ones, frostbite or platinum. Not sure which one it is.

Dang! Those are some nice looking clowns, I'm looking into venturing into a similar project after I move in a couple months.
Thanks! I say go for it, this is my first try.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol impulse buys are just another part of reefing! Are they already breeding size?
They are bonded pairs and I think they are of size. Just going to start feeding them a varied diet of goodies and warm the water a bit :) Now it's a waiting game for them to settle in and acclimate. Even then...there's no guarantee I suppose. But I like them!

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful clowns, I'm definitely jealous. Keep your temp at about 81, I run a 12 hour light cycle, I honestly forgot what I had my salinity at, and feeeed. They'll hopefully start laying soon. Very their diet, the better the broodstock are fed the stronger the fry will be.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful clowns, I'm definitely jealous. Keep your temp at about 81, I run a 12 hour light cycle, I honestly forgot what I had my salinity at, and feeeed. They'll hopefully start laying soon. Very their diet, the better the broodstock are fed the stronger the fry will be.
Thanks!
They are destroying brine shrimp. I also have mysis, krill, and plankton mixes. Are bloodworms ok to feed them? I have some of those as well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back