clownfish bruising/cut marks?

vogtn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef2reef!

Thanks for all the help so far, as I come for your opinions again. So, I've had a ocellaris clownfish clownfish for about 9 months and after a month added a slightly smaller mocha storm clownfish hoping to pair them. They didn't become immediately friendly with some fighting, but eventually established some sort relationship within a month as they weren't going at it anymore. Since then I've been slowly adding more torches, frogspawn and other potential hosts for them to use. The mocha storm was happily swimming in many of them, but I have started to notice some smaller bruising and cuts upon his face. You'll slightly notice this above the nose, and to right. I'll try to get better video if necessary, looks more dramatic in person. I'm not quite sure if this is from the corals or otherwise, because it seemed like some of the torches I added earlier didn't cause this. I do notice him scratching upon the rocks or certain corals more than the ocellaris, but I'm not sure of the behavior. He also eats great as usual, and no stringy poop.
Otherwise, I know this is not much but my parameters have stayed fairly consistent for salinity and mg/alk/temp so I'm not sure about the water quality issue, especially since the other fish seems great.

Thanks for the help and your time!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,possible stinging from burying face into corals? @Jay Hemdal :cool:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, that looks like corals stings to me. Keep an eye on it of course, but that should settle down in a month or so.

Jay

Back