CLOWNFISH EMERGENCY !!!!!!!!! WHITE SPOTS (NOT ICH)

OP
OP
joshbridges

joshbridges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull the fake stuff out. Those are items that contain a metal most of the time. Saltwater will dissolve metal. That is a very bad thing for any tank. Plastic bottoms are fine. Just a heads up.
non are what you claim to contain metal ?? they are plastic and its made for an aquarium my friend, both are reef safe ,, thanks for the concern though ,, and no he is currently only with an urchin and some hermits so he wouldn't be getting beat up ill do a water change tomorrow thank you for the info ,,

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
non are what you claim to contain metal ?? they are plastic and its made for an aquarium my friend, both are reef safe ,, thanks for the concern though ,, and no he is currently only with an urchin and some hermits so he wouldn't be getting beat up ill do a water change tomorrow thank you for the info ,,
No problem. I am glad to hear they are plastic. I have a brackish tank also and was never told that the weighted fake pieces do have a metal in them. Had to rip those out asap!
Sorry to hear about your fish. I just lost my clown that looked exactly like yours, he was my first fish too. Got hit with brook and velvet at the same time.
RIP Bullet
IMG_20170420_135736.jpg

OP
OP
joshbridges

joshbridges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. I am glad to hear they are plastic. I have a brackish tank also and was never told that the weighted fake pieces do have a metal in them. Had to rip those out asap!
Sorry to hear about your fish. I just lost my clown that looked exactly like yours, he was my first fish too. Got hit with brook and velvet at the same time.
RIP Bullet
IMG_20170420_135736.jpg

yes the skulls not weighted in any way, and the anemone has a suction cup I just dig into the sand abit and he stays ,,, just want nemo to have something to play in while I wait for the 6th month -9th month mark and I'm gonna get a real anemone (rainbow tip bubble 6 tentacle propagation 30$ ) ,very sorry to hear ,, this is a very uncomfortable situation escpecially for my first ever tank and first ever fish :'( I changed aquascape to try and get more filration from my 60g hob filter and my hob diy sumpthing/surfaceskimmer pulling in 1000gph ,,, filtration seems to be enough ,, , and are those freshwater aquarium rocks ?? I heard I couldn't use those ??? threw a few blue ones in with my crushed coral because I'm a rebel and wanted a bit of color while my tank was cycling lol ,, but I didn't know you could use a whole bottom of them ?? is that the case here in your pic ?? if I can use them I would start a 17gal qt/ frag tank

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My recommendation is to follow @Humblefish and @4FordFamily 's advice and see if you can get a clearer picture for confirmation.

If this is Lymph, it is managed by lowering stress, feeding quality food, and keeping water quality high. Definitely keep the aquascaping to a minimum and keep your hands out of the tank as this definitely increases stress. [emoji16]

Good luck!

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mean for you to take this in a negative way, but at first you seemed to be frantically asking for help, but while the experts are asking for additional pictures so they can assist you in bringing your clownfish back to health you instead are discussing colors of aquarium rocks and future purchases.

If you let Humblefish and the other guys guide you to providing what they need to make a diagnosis, perhaps you can get some relief for your clown - which I think was the point of your post. Get those pics posted and listen to what they instuct you to do and chances are your fish will be better for it. Best of luck to the little guy!

Crashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with the exact problem with my clowns, had them for years no problem, as soon as I upgraded my tank they started showing signs of white fuzz. It comes and goes, but mostly goes with a fresh water dip.
Happens when my KH and PH are getting low, so hooked up a doser now I'm praying it works! Good luck lmk if u have progress with a different method.

Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back