CLOWNFISH EMERGENCY !!!!!!!!! WHITE SPOTS (NOT ICH)

joshbridges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im a current newbie to the saltwater comunity and my clownfish isnt doing well ,, he is active and showing no signs of being stressed but he has this stuff on his fins and nose, similar to cottonspores in freshwater fish here are 2 pics of my fish ,, any help is very much appreciated
1B290B59-75BA-4BB9-8175-E73277773D46.jpeg
7818F4B4-59E0-4088-95C1-281C79CF4191.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bacterial infection or fungal infection of some sort would be my guess. Did you get him out of the tank and put into a QT tank?

OP
OP
joshbridges

joshbridges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no hes not in qt atm due to me being at work , and what is lymphocytis and is it curable ,, i have been dosing ich-x for over a week now ,it helps with marine fungus and infections and ich , due to it being reef and invert safe i was able to dose in my DT without affecting my mushroom corals , my qt tank is like 2.5 gallons(very sad i know lol) ,i peronally think i might stress him more if i put him in a tank that small, i need to upgrade it but cant due to finacial isues atm ,, i do water changes and it clears up a bit , but then the next day its back the same or worse ,, dont wanna lose my first ever fish in my first ever tank lol its been about 1-3 weeks and just cycles from good to bad ,,, im starting to worry he will die .. hes very active but stays to his corner near the fake anemone all the time

swimer499

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lymphocystis is a viral disease usually brought on by stress. Likely stress caused by a less than 3 week system. Google it and look at the photos, yours looks very similar.

OP
OP
joshbridges

joshbridges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lymphocystis is a viral disease usually brought on by stress. Likely stress caused by a less than 3 week system. Google it and look at the photos, yours looks very similar.
my tank was started on september 14th and i just added this fish about 3 weeks ago ,, he came with the little spot when i bought him but the fish store i got it from wasnt a lfs and i travelled 2 hours for him , so i couldnt go return him ,, that would of cost more then buying him lol ,, my system was cycling for 8 or more weeks before adding him

OP
OP
joshbridges

joshbridges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he was a tankraise baby in a tank with about 50 others and they grabbed him , the bag was in another bag with my urchin and a few hermits so i couldnt see the white spot till i brought him home ,, the only tank i had then was my 33-37 so i put him in and have been dosing ich-x for a little more then a week possibly in my dt because its reef safe ,, i know any fish will get marine fungus if stressed but my parameters are point on and ive been medicating him and his food ,, i honestly dont know what to do , i havent lots of cash and am trying super hard to understand why this is possible ,, could it be the urchin stressing him ?? maybe him not hosting anything is a problem ? he does play and chill in my fake anemone ,, im really puzzled atm

OP
OP
joshbridges

joshbridges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any remedies to treat this ? what do i do ? should i pick the little ******* up and rip that white **** off lol ,, if destress and fungus additives arent working what should i do

OP
OP
joshbridges

joshbridges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please someone help ,, i dont wanna treat for lymphcystis if thats not the case , doesnt seem to be pimple looking bulges they look like spores , such as marine fungus ,,, should i give a 5 minute FW bath with a bit of ich x ??

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the first photos it looks like his top and bottom fins are rather torn up, is this correct? If that is the case I would suspect he has more than just lympho going on, such as a bacterial infection.

OP
OP
joshbridges

joshbridges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's exactly it, it looks bacterial and fugal its weird ,, not a normal disease ,, hes tank raised (maybe a disease in captive/tank bred fish ),, and I have a bunch of fry clownfish I just spotted today !!! I don't know what to do so I'm making a diy sump but need an idead for an over flow as I do not have one my tank isn't driller and I have no pvc :/

OP
OP
joshbridges

joshbridges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you look in the righthand right of picture 2 I added live rock rubble to my diy surface filter/skimmer , so it has 3 layers of filtration , kinda like an internal sump ,, I'm hoping that'll help filter more and cant provide better pics till the morning its night cycle atm ,,also added air hose and valve to adjust air intake and its wide open and should be working at 1000gph ,, max setting on my maxijet 900

Sycoticrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks tore up to me. And PVC is toxic idk why people use it.
Polyvinyl Chlorine at warm temps it leeches Chlorine into the water.
But Chlorine does vapor off quickly i guess just seems risky to me to bother.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like lymph but the torn fins have me wondering about flukes or potentially a bacterial infection as mentioned.

Is he getting beat up by another fish at all? I agree more photos would be helpful.

You don’t treat lymph, you just maintain good water quality. Soaking foods in selcon or some other reef nutrition vitamin supplement may help his immune system fight off the virus, which by itself, is almost always harmless and goes away in time.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.0%
Back