Clownfish fighting

chez471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to clowns. I think one is a ocellaris clown and one is a percula and the percula keeps chasing and biting the other one. What should I do? There both small so I think there juveniles

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!
Right now it sounds like they are figuring out the hierarchy. I would monitor for if it gets any worse and separate if needed.

InactionJackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d let them be…their showing who’s boss….and if you have to , catch both, put them both in a small breeder box or acclimation box together….for a day or two…

OP
OP
C

chez471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d let them be…their showing who’s boss….and if you have to , catch both, put them both in a small breeder box or acclimation box together….for a day or two…
If I put both of them in a breeder box it will just bully it more no? Should I put the bully in the breeder box by itself?

OP
OP
C

chez471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if it’s to die for. They have been fighting for days!
I mean just 1 fish is fighting. The other one seems scared of it and keeps trying to hide and going to the top of the tank to hide behind the heater and stuff

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean just 1 fish is fighting. The other one seems scared of it and keeps trying to hide and going to the top of the tank to hide behind the heater and stuff
If the less dominant clown is showing signs of being injured (torn fins, missing scales, etc) then perhaps it’s not a good fit. How long have they been together?

OP
OP
C

chez471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the less dominant clown is showing signs of being injured (torn fins, missing scales, etc) then perhaps it’s not a good fit. How long have they been together?
Find are a little torn. They’ve been together for over 2 weeks. I don’t know what to do

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find are a little torn. They’ve been together for over 2 weeks. I don’t know what to do
You can try to give them more time, stick them in a small breeder box together for a few day, or separate permanently.
How do you acquire these two fish?

My only other suggestion would be placing a mirror or iPad with a video of clowns up to the glass.

OP
OP
C

chez471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try to give them more time, stick them in a small breeder box together for a few day, or separate permanently.
How do you acquire these two fish?

My only other suggestion would be placing a mirror or iPad with a video of clowns up to the glass.
I got them from Petco. They seemed fine there. What would the iPad do?

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.8%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.0%
Back