OP
C

chez471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take them both out if possible and put them in a breeder box…..or take the hurt one out and live with 1 clown.
They are in a breeder net. That’s all I have. And if I have no choice which clownfish should I donate? I wish there was some other way. I just want two clowns that will actually get married lol

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some clowns that are just jerks and always will be. I don’t think it has anything to do with one is a ocellaris and the other is a percula. I have a breeding pair of them. You could leave the jerk in the isolation box and let the other heal in the tank. feed the jerk once a day and the other 3 times a day so he gets bigger move some rocks around create a different tank environment. then see what happens in three weeks. Or just trade the jerk in for a smaller one.

OP
OP
C

chez471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some clowns that are just jerks and always will be. I don’t think it has anything to do with one is a ocellaris and the other is a percula. I have a breeding pair of them. You could leave the jerk in the isolation box and let the other heal in the tank. feed the jerk once a day and the other 3 times a day so he gets bigger move some rocks around create a different tank environment. then see what happens in three weeks. Or just trade the jerk in for a smaller one.
Like the idea. Might just have to separate them for a bit

InactionJackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in a breeder net. That’s all I have. And if I have no choice which clownfish should I donate? I wish there was some other way. I just want two clowns that will actually get married lol
Donate the one that’s beat up…I’d leave them in the net …go buy a box tomorrow.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one beat the other so bad he would swim upside down. I put him in an isolation box to heal for about a week then put back in the tank and they are both fine now. I'd try to do that first then once you re-introduce them if it doesn't work then get rid of one.

OP
OP
C

chez471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one beat the other so bad he would swim upside down. I put him in an isolation box to heal for about a week then put back in the tank and they are both fine now. I'd try to do that first then once you re-introduce them if it doesn't work then get rid of one.
So I’m actually trying to do the opposite. I letting the hurt one heal in the tank and the bully in the isolation box for a week or two. I hope it works

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take them out of that box. The weak one is getting way too beat up. I would take the dominant one and bring them back and get a different one. I Find that if you get one bad fish he's always going to be bad. If you want a pair take the dominant one back and try a different one.

Dfletchh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine can get cranky if they aren’t getting fed enough. When mine were juveniles the female almost killed the male when he was sick. After a few weeks and medication she accepted him again. Been a pair for several years since with no issues. Though the female is still a bully.

OP
OP
C

chez471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine can get cranky if they aren’t getting fed enough. When mine were juveniles the female almost killed the male when he was sick. After a few weeks and medication she accepted him again. Been a pair for several years since with no issues. Though the female is still a bully.
I wouldn’t know if one is a female. They are too small.

OP
OP
C

chez471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What medication did you give? Mine just has bite marks and bruises?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dominant clown is always the female - putting them in closer quarters will only make the aggression worse imo. I would get rid of the aggressor as stated if it’s not getting better and get one significantly smaller than the current male (the one being beat up).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back