Clownfish fry babies

  • Thread starter Thread starter ksak
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ksak

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2023
Messages
71
Reaction score
26
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to my fellow hobbyist,

Question regarding baby clownfish. First batch ever. They hatched 9 days ago and so far so good! Been feeding them rotifers, keeping the water clean and green.
I've read that from Day 10 onwards, especially after they become juveniles, I should discontinue rotifers and start adding TDO B1/B2. I only have TDO C1 (Xsmall). Can I crush it, make it the size of B1 or B2 and give them that?
I'm wondering, since it seems like they're the same recipe, if crushing it would be fine.

Thank you!
 
Hi to my fellow hobbyist,

Question regarding baby clownfish. First batch ever. They hatched 9 days ago and so far so good! Been feeding them rotifers, keeping the water clean and green.
I've read that from Day 10 onwards, especially after they become juveniles, I should discontinue rotifers and start adding TDO B1/B2. I only have TDO C1 (Xsmall). Can I crush it, make it the size of B1 or B2 and give them that?
I'm wondering, since it seems like they're the same recipe, if crushing it would be fine.

Thank you!

I prefer to introduce HUFA enriched live baby brine around day 10. Start off slowly with the brine, sometimes they overeat them and that can cause burst guts. Gradually increase the LBB and reduce the rotifers and start to add TDO at any point that you see that they are eating it. If you can't get HUFA enrichment, you can try just adding the TDO, but always overlap ANY change in food for a few days, as not all of the larva will be at the same stage at the same time and you don't want to have a die off at switchover time.

The very best batches of clowns I've had were those where I was also culturing copepods and fed them some nauplii at the same time as the LBB.
 
I've had my first hatch of baby brine shrimp this morning and introduced very little at the same time as rotifers. They seem to eat it and like it with no issues. I have read so many bad things about the BBS so it made me doubt if I should pursue it.

Thank you so much for your reply, I'll definitely try that.
I prefer to introduce HUFA enriched live baby brine around day 10. Start off slowly with the brine, sometimes they overeat them and that can cause burst guts. Gradually increase the LBB and reduce the rotifers and start to add TDO at any point that you see that they are eating it. If you can't get HUFA enrichment, you can try just adding the TDO, but always overlap ANY change in food for a few days, as not all of the larva will be at the same stage at the same time and you don't want to have a die off at switchover time.

The very best batches of clowns I've had were those where I was also culturing copepods and fed them some nauplii at the same time as the LBB.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new