AnthonyQueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody
I am new in the forum world
Okay here is this question
I purchased a bali aquatics snow clownfish from divers den 1 month ago when the fish arrived and I acclimated him and I noticed it had a pimple on the chin
Am not sure if it's some type of disease fish seems OK eats a lot here is a pick,
IMG_20170110_135632505.jpg

I will post a video here
I appreciate your help

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody
I am new in the forum world
Okay here is this question
I purchased a bali aquatics snow clownfish from divers den 1 month ago when the fish arrived and I acclimated him and I noticed it had a pimple on the chin
Am not sure if it's some type of disease fish seems OK eats a lot here is a pick,
IMG_20170110_135632505.jpg

I will post a video here
I appreciate your help

If this is what I'm thinking, I've seen it many times at the store. I cured it with a combo of meds all at onces. Kanaplex, furan 2 and metroplex. I left one of them without treatment and it died about a week later.... all the rest got treatment and it went away. They all went to new homes and I haven't heard of it returning.

OP
OP
A

AnthonyQueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is what I'm thinking, I've seen it many times at the store. I cured it with a combo of meds all at onces. Kanaplex, furan 2 and metroplex. I left one of them without treatment and it died about a week later.... all the rest got treatment and it went away. They all went to new homes and I haven't heard of it returning.
I did post a picture don't know if you can see it

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did post a picture don't know if you can see it

I can see it, but it's not clear or close enough for me to determine if this is the same as I saw at the store. I've seen several cases of it on here as well. But it looks just like you describe.. like a pimple.

OP
OP
A

AnthonyQueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see it, but it's not clear or close enough for me to determine if this is the same as I saw at the store. I've seen several cases of it on here as well. But it looks just like you describe.. like a pimple.
Let me show you another one been having the fish like that over a month the pimple looks clear no red signs is a tank bred hybrid clownfish I started to believe is a genetic mutation,
IMG_20170110_135541785.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me show you another one been having the fish like that over a month the pimple looks clear no red signs is a tank bred hybrid clownfish I started to believe is a genetic mutation,
IMG_20170110_135541785.jpg

Could be a mutation. Could be nothing. Looks similar to what I have seen, but if he's had it a month, then probably not.

OP
OP
A

AnthonyQueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another picture the pimple has not changed is been the same since that day I will want to hear more people's opinion I appreciate you sir,

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another picture the pimple has not changed is been the same since that day I will want to hear more people's opinion I appreciate you sir,

No prob at all. I'm a chick though :p

OP
OP
A

AnthonyQueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK fish seems OK I already order the medications
If the pimple does not go away I will be forced to take the fish at a LFS trade I don't like the way it looks

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 171 73.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back