OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do the FW dip (to check for flukes) and then place the fish in QT. Can you get a medication called Metroplex? Or API General Cure (Petco/smart sometimes has it)?
7bdadb03183237d2da2478a0d46a619c.jpg

Entered the quarantine tank

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I saw

Any improvement with his breathing today? Following the FW dip? If he has brook or some other parasite, the FW dip should at the very least provide temporary relief.

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any improvement with his breathing today? Following the FW dip? If he has brook or some other parasite, the FW dip should at the very least provide temporary relief.
Sorta looks the same

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can post a video when I get home today.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bubs2 He doesn't look anywhere near as bad as he looked in the DT. Breathing appears to be almost normal.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree. this looks pretty darn normal. Frozen foods like Mysis are always a favorite with my fish...adding a bit of garlic would probably help as well, as Humble said.

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try soaking his food in garlic to entice a feeding response.
Still not eating. Really weak. He puts his head either upwards or downwards and just lets the current take him. Can I dose prazi and copper at the same time? How can I get him to start eating please help. #reefsquad

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not eating. Really weak. He puts his head either upwards or downwards and just lets the current take him. Can I dose prazi and copper at the same time? How can I get him to start eating please help. #reefsquad
yikes. so sorry. I don't know the med question. do you have flake food.(floats on surface) and do you have a LOT of air in the tank?

I just chimed in, do you have Prime or bacteria for the tank, are you checking ammoina?

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yikes. so sorry. I don't know the med question. do you have flake food.(floats on surface) and do you have a LOT of air in the tank?

I just chimed in, do you have Prime or bacteria for the tank, are you checking ammoina?
What do you mean prime or bacteria. Im heading to walmart to buy a air pump right now. I soaked the flake food in garlic and it floated right past her. Just a minute ago she laid on the ground for a good 20 seconds

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean prime or bacteria. Im heading to walmart to buy a air pump right now. I soaked the flake food in garlic and it floated right past her. Just a minute ago she laid on the ground for a good 20 seconds
yes bacteria. in case of high ammoina. have you tested for it recently?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It tested hogh at .25 what should I do

OK do a water change. You'll need to dose the copper in the new water before putting it back in the tank. He probably wont get his appetite back until he starts feeling better. Most fish can go a week or two without food before getting in real trouble. You can combine Prazi and copper, but I advise against it unless it's absolutely necessary. You may want to wait until the copper treatment is complete before dosing prazi.... this is mainly do to the bacterial bloom that can happen sometimes when doing them together. The bloom will suck the oxygen out of the water, so it's a risk, but not one that can't be dealt with.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 69 51.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back