Clownfish help

Phowingt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 clownfish a week ago after cycling my 20g tank. After the first 2 days of getting used to new tank they were both very active and love feeding time. They didn’t seem to ever want to get out of the higher flow areas in the tank so I added 2 of the very small clay pots and as soon as I put it in the tank the smaller clown swam into it and laid down in the sand and wouldn’t even come out to eat. I wasn’t worried about it at first but he did this all day and didn’t come out until the slightly larger clown swam into the pot (I’m assuming is the female but they are both about 1” max) and the male swam out then did the same thing in a hole in a rock and then I saw him this morning laying on the sand between 2 other rocks. Forgot to mention that I tested my water once I noticed this and my parameters were:
Ammonia- 0 ,nitrate- 15 ,salinity- 1.025
Then did a water change.
I also want to note that I haven’t seen any spots like ich or patches on him and when he does get up to swim to a different spot he seems healthy and his colors are still good.

also wanted to say that the larger of the two (the extremely active one) has developed what looks like a scratch on her eye and I say scratch not Pop eye because it isn’t swollen and it isn’t the whole eye, it is like one spot. Also she acts like she is hosting the pot because I thought about removing it and she did not think that was a good idea bc she got mad when I touched either of the pots.......

I was reading forums all night that ranged from “that’s just clowns being clowns” to “that sounds like a serious disease” so I wanted to post my specific experience and see what people thought could be wrong if anything. Also sorry about the long post I just wanted to include anything that could help come up with ideas.

OP
OP
Phowingt

Phowingt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just got home and found him stuck to the filter like this, his stomach didn’t look like this can anyone tell me what could have happened?
E16A5EC2-8B82-4668-8292-878BA32DDFC8.jpeg

Ellis Syke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just got home and found him stuck to the filter like this, his stomach didn’t look like this can anyone tell me what could have happened?
E16A5EC2-8B82-4668-8292-878BA32DDFC8.jpeg
looks like an internal bacteria infection from the looks of the stomach

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 113 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back