CLOWNFISH HOSTING ANEMONE (Hopefully)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ...
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

...

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2020
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
673
Location
Earth
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey... So I think most of yall know that I love clowns and anemones and tonight I got home late and used a red light in my tank and saw 1.) A big brittle star tentacle and 2.) my Ocellaris clown (Male) sort of on the tip of the tentacles, he normally sleeps in the corner with the female but he looks like he is with the anemone on the corner next to it, he is touching the tentacles and moving them and when he went in a bit deeper the anemone sort of reacted, not like fully retracted but like whenyou scare someone, and my nem is wide open bubbles inflated unlike him either being a droopy tentacle sack or a big pink ball, will my Ocellaris host my BTA? Sorry for the long post but I LOVE Clowns and Anemones,
 
Hey... So I think most of yall know that I love clowns and anemones and tonight I got home late and used a red light in my tank and saw 1.) A big brittle star tentacle and 2.) my Ocellaris clown (Male) sort of on the tip of the tentacles, he normally sleeps in the corner with the female but he looks like he is with the anemone on the corner next to it, he is touching the tentacles and moving them and when he went in a bit deeper the anemone sort of reacted, not like fully retracted but like whenyou scare someone, and my nem is wide open bubbles inflated unlike him either being a droopy tentacle sack or a big pink ball, will my Ocellaris host my BTA? Sorry for the long post but I LOVE Clowns and Anemones,
Eventually they will find the anemone sometime they don’t and sometimes it just takes a li time but most host anemones will host ocellaris
 
IMO it is a flip of a coin. BTA will hosts the occellaris, however some have difficulties getting them to interact. Clowns are funny, they sometime find more interest in the craziest things like power heads :). That said mine love the toadstool....
 
IMO it is a flip of a coin. BTA will hosts the occellaris, however some have difficulties getting them to interact. Clowns are funny, they sometime find more interest in the craziest things like power heads :). That said mine love the toadstool....

This, I have 2 pairs, one pair are hosted by a frag rack and in the opposite top corner the others are hosted by my spraybar! ;)
 
Don't fret mine took 4 years before they finally were hosted by the RBTA. First it was the overflow, then they moved onto the Toadstool and eventually they moved onto the RBTA's.

Somewhere in there are my two Clowns.
qNfkCvml.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new