CLOWNFISH HOSTING ANEMONE (Hopefully)

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey... So I think most of yall know that I love clowns and anemones and tonight I got home late and used a red light in my tank and saw 1.) A big brittle star tentacle and 2.) my Ocellaris clown (Male) sort of on the tip of the tentacles, he normally sleeps in the corner with the female but he looks like he is with the anemone on the corner next to it, he is touching the tentacles and moving them and when he went in a bit deeper the anemone sort of reacted, not like fully retracted but like whenyou scare someone, and my nem is wide open bubbles inflated unlike him either being a droopy tentacle sack or a big pink ball, will my Ocellaris host my BTA? Sorry for the long post but I LOVE Clowns and Anemones,

Nemguy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hey... So I think most of yall know that I love clowns and anemones and tonight I got home late and used a red light in my tank and saw 1.) A big brittle star tentacle and 2.) my Ocellaris clown (Male) sort of on the tip of the tentacles, he normally sleeps in the corner with the female but he looks like he is with the anemone on the corner next to it, he is touching the tentacles and moving them and when he went in a bit deeper the anemone sort of reacted, not like fully retracted but like whenyou scare someone, and my nem is wide open bubbles inflated unlike him either being a droopy tentacle sack or a big pink ball, will my Ocellaris host my BTA? Sorry for the long post but I LOVE Clowns and Anemones,
Eventually they will find the anemone sometime they don’t and sometimes it just takes a li time but most host anemones will host ocellaris

Fred2482

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO it is a flip of a coin. BTA will hosts the occellaris, however some have difficulties getting them to interact. Clowns are funny, they sometime find more interest in the craziest things like power heads :). That said mine love the toadstool....

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO it is a flip of a coin. BTA will hosts the occellaris, however some have difficulties getting them to interact. Clowns are funny, they sometime find more interest in the craziest things like power heads :). That said mine love the toadstool....

This, I have 2 pairs, one pair are hosted by a frag rack and in the opposite top corner the others are hosted by my spraybar! ;)

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't fret mine took 4 years before they finally were hosted by the RBTA. First it was the overflow, then they moved onto the Toadstool and eventually they moved onto the RBTA's.

Somewhere in there are my two Clowns.
qNfkCvml.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back