Clownfish Hosting Toadstool

Joey.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any good tips on how I can get my clownfish pair (ocellaris) to host my toadstool leather? It’s massive I would say about 7 inches across, and was wondering if there’s anyway I could get them to do it. Thank you!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,you could try feeding near or above toad,besides that they will just have to choose on own :)

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of naked clowns that took up in a toadstool. The toadstool has not fully opened in months. I added a BTA hoping the clowns would find that, but they won't leave the toadstool and it's irritated.

OP
OP
J

Joey.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of naked clowns that took up in a toadstool. The toadstool has not fully opened in months. I added a BTA hoping the clowns would find that, but they won't leave the toadstool and it's irritated.
So is it not a good idea?

OP
OP
J

Joey.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is it not
The toadstool has been in there for awhile, I was just wondering if there were anyways I could get them to host it. But if it’s a bad idea I’ll think otherwise.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not IMO. I lost a Goni a couple years ago from clowns hosting that. Clowns will take up in different types of coral but mine didn't like it.

OP
OP
J

Joey.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not IMO. I lost a Goni a couple years ago from clowns hosting that. Clowns will take up in different types of coral but mine didn't like it.
Okay, do you think any nems are worth it? I’ve just never gotten them because of their potential aggressive behaviour. Such as moving around stinging. Especially since the tank has quite a bit of coral in it.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive bought 1 watermelon BTA and now I have 3. For the most part, they stay put, but every now and then they move for no reason. I put one in another tank and left 2 in the original.

It is cool to see the clowns in the anemone. But adding a nem is no guarantee the clowns will take to it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back