Clownfish I.D.

  • Thread starter Thread starter 94Roarge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

94Roarge

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
948
Reaction score
470
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I found a clownfish and it's tail is throwing me off. Would someoner be able to I.D. it for me?
4dd9f55b7774230f2816feba7dba73a1.jpg
cdeb1cb9cbddb85a05fa834887275421.jpg
d9811c9943be9fd6af67138ae5a8f1a2.jpg
cea3dd0deccd23f830c7532a5cd9ee3b.jpg
 
Clarkii I believe.
Just curious, did you buy a clownfish without knowing what species and how to care for it?
 
It looks similar to a Oman Anenonefish. The stripes are a little thicker on yours but has the white tail with the fork. I'm sharing a link below so you can check it out.

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/clowns/OmanAnemonefish.php
Thanks, that's pretty close! Those are a very handsome clownfish I must say.

Unfortunately not the right ones though aha. The clown in the pictures "wedge" was a dark triangle of tail and the tail shape was a standard short stocky flatish end.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new