Clownfish Ich or Brook? Help!

lauren_ash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I'm stressing over here.
I've had this Picasso clown for about a year now and he's now showing signs of ich or maybe brook. His partner jumped out of the tank a few days ago so I got him a replacement maybe four days later but they seem to be getting along just fine. All the other fish are doing well and my corals are happy too. So I'm not sure what caused this parasite outbreak in my reef tank.

Right now he is swimming and eating fine and I don't see him breathing heavy or showing any signs that he isn't feeling well besides the white spots coating his face and body. I have some pictures for you to see but trying to get him still long enough is impossible.

My question is, is this ick or brook? I have a quarantine tank I can stick him and my other fish in so I can tackle the issue once and for all. I was planning to do the hyposalinity treatment for ich but now I'm not sure if that's the right plan of action. Do any of you know how I should treat him and my other fish? The parasite is all over him so I'm sure if I don't act now the other fish will get it very soon.

Fish in the tank:
Picasso Clown x1
Ocellaris Clown x1
Green Chromis x1
Tailspot Blenny x1

IMG_2138.JPG IMG_2140.PNG IMG_2141.PNG IMG_2142.PNG

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I spent some time peering at the photos, but in the end, I cannot make out enough details. I know filming fish is hard, but one thing that helps is to take the picture under white, not blue light. Then, a short video also helps us judge the fish’s overall demeanor.
Your new clown may have brought in a disease that it was partially resistant to, but that made your older clown sick.
Jay

OP
OP
L

lauren_ash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I spent some time peering at the photos, but in the end, I cannot make out enough details. I know filming fish is hard, but one thing that helps is to take the picture under white, not blue light. Then, a short video also helps us judge the fish’s overall demeanor.
Your new clown may have brought in a disease that it was partially resistant to, but that made your older clown sick.
Jay
Okay, he's the darker clown in the back that I'm worried about. The new one kept photobombing the video. Hopefully, you can see it a bit more clearly.

Attachments

• IMG_2158.MOV
    42.4 MB

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back