Clownfish ID Please!

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me please ID this clown. We bought a pair of regular ocellaris. We didn't have our larger tank cycled when we sold our 20 gallon IM tank but our QT had two other black clowns that started picking on this one so we asked our close fish store if they would hold on to him until our large tank cycled. After a few days we went back in for something and on of the workers there asked why type he was and I said ocellaris and he chuckled and said that isn't an ocellaris. He followed it up by asking how much I wanted for him, by that point I knew I didn't want to get rid of him but I figure I need to know what kind he is. Thanks.

OP
OP
shadow1013

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I added them to the upload files but something must have happened and they didn't upload >.<

IMG_7068.JPG

IMG_7062.JPG

michaust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you should find a different lfs one that will actually tell you what you have instead of laugh at you

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you should find a different lfs one that will actually tell you what you have instead of laugh at you
Not necessarily was he laughing at him he was just trying to get it off him without him knowing how much it actually was worth by playing it down

Pura Vida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not necessarily was he laughing at him he was just trying to get it off him without him knowing how much it actually was worth by playing it down

Another reason I would never step foot in that lfs again. Both are wrong and yours is actually unethical

Pura Vida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not like you and I working out a deal as private citizens, he's a lfs. A business. You don't take advantage of your customer base, your are there to serve them. Even if it was a employee who was going to put them in his own tank it happened in a place of business. Serve your customer well and honestly and you will be rewarded with success

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not like you and I working out a deal as private citizens, he's a lfs. A business. You don't take advantage of your customer base, your are there to serve them. Even if it was a employee who was going to put them in his own tank it happened in a place of business. Serve your customer well and honestly and you will be rewarded with success
Look it may gut have not been his intent but it's a bit....fishy[emoji23]

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He was unethical AND he was wrong. It may be a designer version of an ocellaris, but it is still an ocellaris.

OP
OP
shadow1013

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've know these guys a while and he wasn't trying to trick me or anything like that. He told me straight up it wasn't what I said it was. He asked what I would sell it for. He was laughing at the fact I got it as a regular like laughing at the other store for selling it as a regular.

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've know these guys a while and he wasn't trying to trick me or anything like that. He told me straight up it wasn't what I said it was. He asked what I would sell it for. He was laughing at the fact I got it as a regular like laughing at the other store for selling it as a regular.

That's good. I hate to see anyone being taken advantage of by someone who has more knowledge. (Still an ocellaris though :p )

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 42.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 102 49.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back