Clownfish in Distress!!

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2013
Messages
1,799
Reaction score
109
Location
Tallahassee-Venice Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So recently I used fluke tabs on my tank to kill off my Xenia, It worked a little too well, took out my cleaner and peppermint shrimp... As well as my gorgeous RBTA's :cry:

Since that happened my pair of clowns ( Black onyx misbar and a False Perc) have been acting very strange... My False perc who I'v had for over a year keeps swimming in the spot where the RBTA was, and my Black onyx who I'v had for only a few months has moved on to my Torch coral..

Heres the problem....
Ever since the seperation (Last weekend) my Black Onyx has developed a fuzzy white patch sticking to his side, right infront of his left Pectoral fin. I'm getting worried about what could have caused this.

Could It be from hosting a new coral?
A fungal/ Bacterial infection?
Heres a bad picture but it shows the white spot right infront of his fin.
IMG_0766.jpg
IMG_0765.jpg


Anyone have any Ideas?
 
Oh man sorry for the loss. What the latest on the clown?
 
I pulled him out of the water, and most of the puffy came off, its definatly an open wound from somthing. So I put melafix in the DT.... Bad Idea caused RTN on one of my cheap birdsnest... So doing a large 15g water change tonight, and pulling him out and putting him in QT to treat with melafix. Hes not acting funny I just dont want to loose a black onyx... or any fish for that matter.
 
If it is Lymphocystis, it should get better over time. As long as the fish has a healthy appetite and the water is kept super clean, things will improve for the fish. I had a similar situation with a Watanabei Angelfish, with good results. Best of luck!!!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new