Clownfish Jumping from my Fluval Evo

rantipole

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2016
Messages
275
Reaction score
268
Location
new jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else with a Fluval Evo had a problem with clownfish jumping out? I lost one last night, and this is the second time a clownfish has jumped out in the ~5 years I've had the tank. I guess I should cover the little opening in the front. Does anyone have good ideas for what to use to cover it?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
rant
 
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can maybe bump the thread for you to see if we can get you some help
 
I have the same tank and when I still had the stock lid on, I just taped a small piece of screen over the opening. It worked great and still allowed for gas exchange & fresh air. I didn't use the hole in the lid for feeding much though - I would just lift the side of the lid and feed that way.
I have since upgraded the lighting and purchased a clear acrylic and screen lid from Kraken Reefs. It's awesome and you can choose whether you want feeding holes or not.
 
Thanks. I'll try the screen.

Cheers,
rant
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new